In the guide, you will find advice on how to organise inclusive international activities for young people with visual, hearing and physical impairments. It covers the following topics: language use, competences, methods, accessible websites and documents. The guide is addressed to European experts in (international) youth work as well as youth organisations that aspire to make youth work more inclusive.
On the one hand, this handbook is designed for young people with visual, hearing, physical impairments so that they can learn about different kinds of international youth exchanges and see that it is not difficult to participate in one. On the other hand, those who have already discovered inclusive international youth exchange and would love for others to experience the same, life-changing moments, may wish to become a DARE Ambassador to motivate and support other young people to join Erasmus+ mobility projects. This handbook will help them in reaching that goal.
A Truth and DARE space composes of two elements. The first one, the truth e-learning space, is a e-learning platform especially designed to connect youth workers, trainers, educators, NGO members, training centers directly with young people with visual, hearing or physical impairments. The second one, the DARE communication and info space, is a communication and info space for the above groups.
The truth e-learning space contains inspiring, interactive, meaningful and above all inclusive training resources providing a great variety of themes and content for enhancing the knowledge and skills of educators, trainers and youth leaders that want to work with young people with visual, hearing and physical Impairments and well as for young people in general that wish to become DARE ambassadors and support and empower their peers to participate more in learning mobility opportunities and in their community.
The DARE communication and info space is an inclusive space for all young people to freely expressing themselves, interacting with youth workers, and getting the support and information they need to increase their mobility level of activities in the Erasmus+ Youth section.
Objectives of the project:
- to support the capacity building of youth workers and youth organisations in implementing high quality youth mobility inclusive projects involving young people with visual, hearing, and physical impairments;
- to open up youth work to cross-sectorial cooperation allowing greater synergies across fields of social inclusion actions concerning young people with visual, hearing, and physical impairments;
- to foster volunteering among young people and increase the peer support from young people towards young people with visual, hearing, physical impairments;
- to foster social inclusion of young people with visual, hearing, and physical impairments, taking into account the underlying European values by making organisations, youth NGOs that carry out mobility programmes more accessible to them;
- to increase the level of active participation of young people with visual, hearing, and physical impairments to local and EU level through raising awareness about Erasmus+ Youth Mobility Projects and increasing their participation number in those projects.
Target group and project time frame
DARE project’s target groups are youth workers, youth organisations, trainers, educators, youth leaders, young people and young people with visual, hearing, and physical impairments.
The project started on 15th February 2019 and will end on 14th February 2021.