JustNow – Toolbox for Teaching Human Rights
Seminar "JustNow – Toolbox for Teaching Human Rights"
Date: 13th April 2024
9.30 am to 8.30 pm
Place: Jugendherberge Berlin Ostkreuz
The "JustNow – Toolbox for Teaching Human Rights" offers activity plans, videos, and timelines that will help young people learn about human rights, diversity, basic democratic values, and the rule of law independently or with the help of an educator. With the innovative approach of small-scale learning modules, this toolbox helps you to teach in a needs-tailored, innovative, and engaging way.
In the event, you will:
- learn the teaching approach and the materials of the "JustNow – Toolbox for Teaching Human Rights"
- get trained by experienced trainers working in the field of human rights education,
- get experience in innovative historical human rights education,
- network with well-known organizations in the field of human rights and citizenship education as well as fellow educators.
The training is for you if you:
- have been active as an educator, a trainer, or a multiplier in the field of human rights education,
- have experience in the field of youth work,
- have the potential and need to develop your training competencies,
- are ready to reflect on and question your own beliefs and approaches.
The participation, meals, and accommodation (if needed) are free of charge.
If you do not live in Berlin, you may take our offer to stay free of charge for two nights in the same venue where the seminar will take place (arrival on 12th April 12th, departure on 14th April). You will be accommodated in double and triple rooms and get a full board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
If you live in Berlin, you will get lunch and dinner on the day of the seminar.
Travel costs reimbursement:
We will reimburse your travel costs based on the requests in the application form. We will do our best to fulfill your requests. Along with a participation confirmation from us, you will get details on this matter. Please note, that the inputs of the requests are not a criterion for the selection of participants.
Kreisau-Initiative (Berlin, Germany)
Krzyżowa Foundation for Mutual Understanding in Europe (Krzyżowa, Poland)
International Association for Intercultural Education (Den Hague, Netherlands)
HERMES (Zagreb, Croatia)
The seminar is co-financed by the European Union.
How to apply:
Please fill in the application form by the 15th of March 2024. You will be informed by the 20th of March 2024 if you can participate and then receive more details.
Kerim Somun (email@example.com)