The project "Let's not WASTE the planet!" aims to encourage young activists in the field of climate and environmental protection to strengthen their commitment, improve their skills and connect them across borders. This happens exemplarily by means of the topics waste avoidance, consumer behaviour and (over)use of resources. This is of great relevance to the lives of young people, and at the same time is closely linked to the dramatic problems of waste, pollution and destruction of basic functions of our ecosystem - all this embedded in the systemic context of the current climate emergency.
"Let's not WASTE the planet!” consciously addresses not only the level of individual behaviour but also encourages participants to think and act responsibly beyond their own immediate living environment - even beyond national borders. To this end, the project makes use of methods from Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and the innovative approach of Transformative Learning, which focuses in particular on the systemic level.
The core of the project are three one-week youth encounters in Germany, Poland and France. The project weeks each have a methodological and thematic focus and build on each other.
- Cross-border networking and encounter among young activists from Germany, France and Poland
- Empowering through acquisition and deepening of relevant competences for environmental and societal commitment
- Raising awareness of environmentally sound behaviour, especially in the context of waste prevention and resource protection
- Strengthening intercultural competence and awareness of diversity
- Contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals, in particular goals 4 - quality education, 12 - responsible consumption and production and goal 13 - Climate action
Franco-German Youth Office (DFJW)
Join the next edition
A cycle of youth meetings for participants from France, Poland and Germany
What and when:
Meeting 1: 6.-12.11.2023 in Finsterbergen (Thuringia, Germany)
Meeting 2: 19.-25.2.2024 in Krzyżowa (Lower Silesia, Poland)
Meeting 3: 27.5.-2.6.2024 in Vaunières (Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France)
Young people engaged in the social-ecological field (e.g. climate justice, environmental protection), between 18 and 30 years of age, living in France, Poland or Germany
Exchange of experiences, learning new skills, excursions, hands-on activities, mutual empowerment, intercultural exchange, etc.
Languages: English, German, French and Polish (translation provided)