Inclusive training course to become a trainer in youth work
Education can only be inclusive and diverse when different people participate in shaping it.
With the training programme "Let's do it! Democracy needs inclusion" we want to contribute to the fact that:
- people from different groups in society have a say in educational opportunities,
- different people are involved in the development of educational programmes;
- the team members who lead educational programmes represent different people in society.
In the project "Let's do it! Democracy needs inclusion" we are working with various experts to develop a training concept for two online meetings and four face-to-face modules.
By October 2023, we want to implement these training modules engaging 15 people from different social groups.
The training modules are designed in a participatory way, because different perspectives are needed to further develop and disseminate inclusive and diversity-sensitive educational work and to anchor it as an important focus in youth work. Accompanying the training modules, the people involved are given the opportunity to gain practical experience by shadowing in youth projects and to further develop their skills as trainers.
After the training, the trained trainers become part of our pool of trainer pool. They will be able to work actively in our international and national educational programmes.
With the training we want to contribute to more diversity on the level of political educators.
We also want to reach out to those who are interested in non-formal youth and education work, but have so far faced too high barriers to get actively involved.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities, with refugee experiences and those who have not been able to access such training due to other societal challenges.
In the project "Let's do it! Democracy needs inclusion" project, all interested people are welcome.
Objectives of the project:
- Development of the pedagogical concept of further training for trainers by representatives of inclusion, political education and self-advocacy organisations.
- Further development of pedagogical methods and political education with a focus on inclusion and diversity.
- Offer training modules for 15 people from different social groups who want to become active as trainers in political / intercultural education.
- Implementation of a module with already active trainers of the network in order to learn with and from each other and to work together on the inclusive implementation of education.
- Offer the team members the opportunity to observe and work on projects.
- Provision of a publication with guidelines, a reflection on methods and reports on experiences for the public (publication in digital form).
The model project "Let's do it! Democracy Needs Inclusion" is funded by the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth within the framework of the federal programme "Demokratie leben!" and by the Freya von Moltke Foundation for Krzyżowa.
Call for participants
Let´s do it! Democracy needs inclusion Inclusive training course to become a trainer in youth work
We prefer that interested people participate in all training modules. However, it is also possible to select or skip individual modules in consultation with us.
Module overview and dates
The online meetings will take place on all dates from 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm.
The registration link will be sent with the registration confirmation.
22nd /24th of November
Module 1: Introduction to non-formal education
5th and 6th of December 2022
Module 2 - Introduction to inclusive and diversity-sensitive education
Venue: Schloss Trebnitz Bildungs- und Begegnungszentrum e. V.
27th – 29th of January 2023
Module 3: Shaping inclusive learning spaces
10th – 12th of March 2023
Module 4: Participation and Empowerment
4th – 7th of May 2023
Module 5: Language and Communication
8th – 11th of June 2023
Module 6: The role of trainers