Let's not WASTE the planet!
Are you between 18 and 30 years old and engaged in the environment and sustainability? Do you live in Germany, France, or Poland and want to become part of a growing cross-border network of young people committed to social and environmental causes?
Then unite efforts with others, get empowered, and build your skills – become part of “Let’s not waste the planet! 2023/2024”!
In three one-week meetings between November 2023 and June 2024, we will get to know each other, broaden our horizons and exchange our experiences fighting for climate justice, sustainability, and environmental protection.
Join the project, if you want to:
- acquire new knowledge about socio-ecological realities in other participants’ regions,
- (re-)gain motivation, strength, and self-care skills for your social activism,
- enjoy hands-on-experiences in practical workshops (e.g. building a solar cooker),
- make our voices heard in creative ways and by decision-makers,
- engage in critical exchange with local activists and change makers,
- connect to former project participants via the growing transnational network of “Let’s not waste the planet!” past editions
Dates, places and topics
Part I: 6.-12.11.2023 – Finsterbergen (Thuringia region), Germany // focus: getting to know each other and creating a common ground
Part II: 19.-25.2.2024 – Krzyżowa (Lower Silesia region), Poland // focus: creative interventions with a message
Part III: 27.5.-2.6.2024 – Saint-Julien-en-Beauchêne (Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region), France // focus: deepening connections and hands-on action
Who can participate
The programme is suitable for young adults (aged between 18 and 30) with some experience of activism or commitment to socio-ecological matters (e.g. Fridays for Future, environmental organizations, social initiatives), but it can also be an encouraging starting point for motivated newcomers. So whether you are already engaged or have been thinking about getting (more) active – “Let’s not waste the planet!” might be a perfect opportunity for encouragement and mutual empowerment.
The working languages will be French, German, Polish, and English. Knowledge of more than one of these languages will be helpful but is not required in order to participate, as our team will facilitate communication.
How to participate
In order to participate, fill out the pre-inscription form here. Participants will be chosen according to their motivation and in order to create a group as diverse as possible in all regards. A first selection of participants will take place at the end of August 2023.
We can reimburse travel costs within the allowances of the Erasmus+ guidelines. A participation fee applies. It is based on your own estimation of your financial situation:
- for participants living in France or Germany: 60–150 € per module
- for participants living in Poland: 40–100 € (160-400 PLN) per module
If you have any questions, please contact us by e-mail:
- Agata Mazurkiewicz (Poland): a.mazurkiewicz [at] fer.org.pl
- Sofie Koscholke (Germany): koscholke [at] kreisau.de
- Marcel Saur (France) : marcel.saur [at] ccfa-nice.fr
Franco-German Youth Office (DFJW)