Model International Criminal Court – Training of Trainers
20th to 26th March 2023 in Thessaloniki, Greece
Model International Criminal Court (MICC) is a simulation program of trials before the ICC for high school and university students worldwide The International Criminal Court (ICC) is the world’s most sophisticated mechanism for the protection of Human Rights and rules of warfare. MICC is a program that aims to teach the core principles of the ICC to high school and university students. MICC has been growing successfully since 2005 and we owe this to the quality of the training, the focus on relevant topics, and the unique experience that MICC provides. The working language is English, and every session comprises training, discussions, and workshops with a simulation of the ICC process – preparation, trial, and verdict.
This training is for 30 participants from Erasmus+ Programme countries. In addition, in accordance with article 19 of the Erasmus+ Regulation, the following third countries are associated with the programme:
- members of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) who are members of the European Economic Area (EEA): Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein;
- acceding countries, candidate countries, and potential candidates: North Macedonia, the Republic of Türkiye, and the Republic of Serbia.
The aim is to strengthen and increase our pool of legal and human rights trainers with new trainees who have the competencies and the motivation to support the Model International Criminal Court programme in the future.
WHAT WE'RE OFFERING:
- Lectures and training units by experienced MICC trainers and external trainers working in the field of international criminal law and human rights.
- Possibility to become a trainee/trainer in the MICC Programme Network.
- Working with established organizations in the field of historical human rights education.
- Possibility for longer-term paid training engagements in the MICC Programme.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Participants who …
- have been involved as trainers at least for two years in the field of law or human rights and have international experience in the field of youth work,
- have the potential and motivation to develop training competencies and work as trainers after the training as MICC trainees/trainers,
- are prepared to reflect on and question their own beliefs and approaches as trainers,
- will be able to work as human rights or legal trainers in future MICC sessions,
- have a good command of the English language.
The participation fee for this training differs by region and it covers training and all other program-related costs, as well as travel costs. Please look up the fees by region:
- REGION 1 - 100.00 EUR - AT, BE, DK, FI, FR, DE, IS, IE, IL, NL, NO, SE, CH
- REGION 2 - 70.00 EUR - CZ, GR, IT, PT, SI, ES, EE, HR, HU, LV, LT, PL, RU, SK, TR
- REGION 3 - 50.00 EUR - MK, RS
The fee can be reduced as a scholarship by making a request in the application form for students, interns, and unemployed persons upon request.
Accommodation and food
All costs for accommodation and food will be covered by the organizers (all participants will be accommodated in a hotel in twin or triple rooms). In exceptional cases, single rooms will be provided for participants on request.
The MICC Program is supporting each participant with their travel costs. The maximum reimbursement per individual is in accordance with the distance band of the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union. The reimbursement of travel costs will be handled and paid during the training in cash or bank transfer to each participant. The MICC Program is not providing any type of pre-payments or post-payments for the reimbursement of travel costs.
Distance calculator: https://erasmus-plus.ec.europa.eu/resources-andtools/distance-calculator
Distance band of maximum reimbursement per participant based on the distance calculator:
- Between 10 and 99 KM: 23 EUR rate of maximum reimbursement
- Between 100 and 499 KM: 180 EUR rate of maximum reimbursement
- Between 500 and 1999 KM: 275 EUR rate of maximum reimbursement
- Between 2000 and 2999 KM: 360 EUR rate of maximum reimbursement
The reimbursement will be done up to the maximum reimbursement rate based on the real costs of travel (each participant will be required to present invoices and receipts for the travel arrangements to the organizers).
The application is available on the following link: modelicc.wufoo.com/forms/micc-training-of-trainers-application
The deadline for submitting your application is January 25th, 2023 and the results of the selection will be announced before January 30th, 2023.